Financial Controller Intern
Location: Remote but must be located in London
Type: Part Time
Who is FNA?
FNA is a fast-growing, deep technology analytics company and a leader in Regulatory and Supervisory Technology (RegTech/SupTech). The FNA Platform allows financial institutions to map and monitor complex financial networks and to simulate operational and financial risks. FNA’s clients include the world’s largest central banks, financial market infrastructures, and leading financial institutions.
This is a rare opportunity!
We are seeking an ambitious MBA/Finance MSc student who will serve on a part-time basis as our Financial Controller (15-25 hrs./wk) with a possibility to assume the role full-time once your studies are complete. You will then be groomed to assume the CFO position. You will work remote but occasionally be required to meet with the CEO in the London office.
What are the benefits of joining FNA?
- Become our CFO!
- FNA's mission is to make our global financial systems safer and more efficient
- Opportunity to expand your career with additional duties and job titles as the company grows
- High-growth company working on the development of exciting next generation, machine learning and Big Data analytics solutions
- Collaborative, brilliant, passionate, hard-working & humble colleagues
- Fully flexible working culture (location & hours)
- Entrepreneurial spirit at every level of the company
- FNA fully supports, encourages and financially assists in your personal and professional growth
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Assist CEO in financial planning, due diligence, fundraising and communications with VCs
- Bookkeeping in Xero & expense management
- Work with accountants on quarterly VAT claims and annual R&D tax credits
- Vendor and client onboarding
- Execute payroll & manage company bank accounts
- Develop financial reporting & forecasting systems
- Help management measure and track their KPIs
- Optimize operational costs and liquidity
- You have some work experience
- No ego, you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done
- You are an excellent communicator (email, phone and in-person)
- You are entrepreneurial and will work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- You are technologically savvy and want to learn and use new tools
- You are hyper-organised with excellent attention to detail
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Xero or other accounting systems
- Experience or studies in strategic financial planning, financial accounting, financial management, management accounts
- Strong commercial and business acumen with experience setting and achieving KPIs
- You are a Google Sheets/Excel wizard and have strong financial modeling skills
If you wish to be considered for this great opportunity, please apply with your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com